- Foster a community atmosphere
- Support the mission and vision of the school
- Promote communication and cooperation between parents and teachers
- Provide financial assistance where needs are identified
PTO Meetings Location
PTO Discussion Topics
- Upcoming events
- Ideas for future events
- Effective use of PTO funds to support students and teachers needs
- PTO Welcome Back “Family” Dance- Friday August 30, 2013- 5:00-7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- PTO Meeting- Thursday September 26, 2013- 6:00 p.m. in the Media Center; Childcare is provided.
- PTO McDonald’s Night- October 10, 2013 at McDonalds 1245 Homestead Rd N., Lehigh Acres, FL 33936.
- PTO Meeting- Thursday October 17, 2013- 6:00 p.m. in the Media Center; Childcare is provided.
Box Tops for Education – This is a year-round opportunity to raise funds for our school without fundraising. We can earn box top credit either online or by clipping the box tops from select merchandise. Each box top is worth 10 cents. This year our goal is $1,000.00. To find out how you can join our Box Top Heroes please go to http://www.BTFE.COM/HERO. We are currently seeking volunteers to count, cut and bundle box tops for our quarterly mail in. If interested in volunteering, please email Cynthia Balmer at [email protected].
Target “Take Charge of Education” – This is our newest fundraiser and requires the least amount of effort. This is a year-round opportunity. Here’s how it works: Visit http://www.Target.com/tcoe or call 1-800-316-6142 to designate our school and 1% of your purchases will be awarded to our school. Don’t forget to tell your friends. This is a great way for grandparents, aunts and uncles to contribute. Target sends award checks once a year in September.
PTO Benefits for Our Students/Teachers/School
- Additional books for the library
- Additional instructional materials for teachers
- Teacher training
- Student awards
- School-wide assemblies
- Stocked the clinic's clothes pantry with blue jeans, socks and underwear
- Supported the 5th graduation reception
- Underwrote cost for the 5th grade field trip to the Tampa Museum of Modern Science and Industry
- Gifted each grade level $500.00 to buy additional educational supplies and programs
- Sponsored teacher appreciation events
All talents and skill levels are welcome at G. Weaver Hipps Parent Teacher Organization. Your involvement will make a difference in our students’ lives. To learn more about the PTO please contact 239-368-7042. We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting.